Flat lands hemmed in by a rugged coastline and flanked by the Tararua and Rimutaka ranges, the Wairarapa is a relaxing place to visit. Picturesque towns dot the region and a quality glass of local wine or produce is always easy to find. The coast is spectacular, and the North Island’s southern most point, Cape Palliser, is a truly special spot.
- Visit the quirky fishing village of Nagiwi
- Climb the steps to Cape Palliser Lighthouse
- Head out to Castlepoint Beach
- Visit the Pukaha Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre
- Visit one of Martinborough’s 30 vineyards